If its Skills Development, Employment Equity, B-BBEE, Occupational Health and Safety or Training Provider Accreditation support you are needing, look no further. Various service packages are available based on a company’s specific compliance needs.
Affinity People Development was conceived in 2006 and in 2016, the concept was brought to life. My 20 years’ experience in adult education and training started taking shape whilst working for the Business Studies Unit, Technical Natal (now DUT).
I was privileged to work under the guidance of the founder and visionary Monty Francis at DUT. During this time, I also took influence from Mike Davies, now Director of Optimum Learning Technologies; Irene James, ex Director of Dionysus; Dr Terry Davies, founder of the Centre for Skills Development and Jobworx; and Chris Vorwerk of Xasa Facilitating.
In 2008, I moved to Cape Town to establish a corporate training academy for a rigid plastic packaging manufacturer with a national footprint. In my nine years with the company I led several exciting projects, some of which are listed below. Also during this time, I participated as a member of the Community of Expert Practitioners in developing a new Trade and served as a member of the Plastics Chamber Board of merSETA for several years.
In my private capacity I am a member of the More to Life Community having served as Chair on their Cape Town Committee in 2017. I am also a member of the Association of Skills Development SA. Affinity is supported by a network of experienced personnel in the field.
- Managed the development of 70 fit-for-purpose courses
- Internally rebranded Adult Education and Training (AET) to attract greater interest
- Successfully Implemented the Foundational Learning Competence
- Developed what became a much sought-after Work Readiness Programme for matriculants
- Lobbied for the development of a new qualification under the banner of Quality Council for Trade and Occupations (QCTO)
- Project managed several Independent Skills Development Facilitators for a SETA SMME Workplace Skills Plan (WSP) project
- Managed research teams for several SETA research projects
- Involved in a public/private Learnership initiative
- University of Wales
- Master of Business Administration, (MBA) 22 November 2003
- Thesis Topic: "Paradigm Shift" at the Crossroads of Education and Business in South Africa.
- Technikon Natal: Bachelor’s Degree in Technology Management.
- 01 January 2001
- Facilitator, Assessor and Moderator
Skills Development Facilitator
We take on the role of Independent Skills Development FacilitatorFind out more
(Chief Executive Officer Nicro)
Affinity offers a service that is affordable, efficient, timeous and most importantly works with integrity.
Marius van Straaten
(Director Visual Impact Broadcast Solutions (Pty) Ltd)
We have been using Affinity's service for the last 10 years and they have always delivered. Valencia's expertise and network is unparalleled.
(Founder, Dynamic Management Systems)
Affinity is a very professional service provider that is real value for money. They make a complex and frustrating topic understandable and simple to apply. We envisage a working partnership with Affinity that will last for many years.